Projects at a Glance
Below is a list of projects expected to begin in 2016.
Projects in 2016 - as of 01/29/16
Current Projects & Construction - LCRC
1. Traffic signalization modernization work at the intersection of Imlay City Road/Wilder and at intersection of Imlay City Road/Myers Road will begin the week of November 28, 2016. Tentative schedule for underground foundation work as follows:
a. Imlay City Road at Wilder Road
- Install foundations on NE quadrant, will be WB right turn lane closure along Imlay City Road.
- Install foundations on NW will be SB lane closure and SB traffic will be moved to the left turn lane.
- Anticipate 3 to 4 days.
b. Imlay City Road at Myers Road
- Install foundations on NW will be SB lane closures and SB will be moved to the left lane.
- Install foundations on SW will be EB right turn lane closure along Imlay City Road.
- Anticipate 3 to 4 days.
Projects - Other Jurisdictions
1. KWA Water Pipeline
Construction began Wednesday April 22, 2015 on the KWA water pipeline.
60 inch line pipe installation was completed on 06/10/16 on Kings Mill Road and Clear Lake Road. The contractor will continue to install cross culverts on Lake Pleasant Road, Kings Mill Road and Clear Lake Road. This work may temporarily close the roads while the culverts are being installed. This work will carry on until the completion of culvert installations. The contractor will concentrate all efforts on restoring the roads and ditches and performing restoration until the intended work is complete.
Pipe installation was complete on 06/06/16 on Stanley Road. The contractor will continue to install cross culverts on Stanley Road and Klam Road for the next week. This work may temporarily close the roads while the culverts are being installed. The contractor is anticipated to begin road restoration work on Klam Road as soon as 06/17/16, this work is weather dependent. The contractor will continue road restoration operations and ditch restoration along Norway Lake Road West of M-24 during this time. The remaining road restoration work will begin approximately the second week of July. This work will continue until the intended road work is complete.
The intersection of Stanley Road and German Road will be set up to close Thursday morning June 16, 2016 for stage 4 of the project.
The closure may last into the month of July. Stanley Road will remain closed to through traffic between German Road and Marathon Road.
Questions, concerns and comments can be directed to the Genesse County Drain Commission 810-732-7870
Genesee County Drain Commission
Karegnondi Water Authority